Monday 9 February 2009

Had my hospital appointment and treatment today. Was on the day ward as my regular nurse was off today. All went well except it seems that my Hickman Line (central line for meds) might be infected. The nurse did a swab and changed my dressing, will have the results back in about a week. My chest near and under my arm where the line is has been slightly painful but I was thinking it's just where the line itself goes into the vein. If it is an infection hopefully they can prescribe antibiotics to resolve the issue. If not then they will have to remove the line and put a new one in. Hope not as this line has only been in for a month. Other than that things are going well. I have noticed today that I am starting to waddle when I walk....yikes :) We stopped by a couple baby stores today and picked up a few bits for the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment